Louis Hudson is an award-winning freelance animator and director, otherwise known as Dice Productions based in Birmingham, U.K.
Louis’ work is known for it’s absurd character-led humour. Louis slips between different 2D animation techniques, visual effects, and live action, often blurring the boundaries between them.
He has created work for Channel 4, Nickelodeon, BBC, UK Film Council, Factory Creates and Oxfam. His films have won awards and screened at dozens of film festivals including: Encounters, Annecy, Edinburgh, Pictoplasma, Stuttgart, LIAF, Animation Block Party and Hollyshorts.
- DuckManBoy – Nickelodeon – 2016
- Croissant – 2015
- Animated Kids’ Comedy Taster – Factory Creates
- Gregory is a Dancer – Channel 4 – 2014
- Don’t Fear Death– Channel 4 – 2013
- Lady Mail Man – 2012
- All Consuming Love (Man in a Cat) – UK Film Council – 2011
- London Short Film Festival – Best Comedy Film
- LOCO London Comedy Film Festival – Discovery Award
- Multivision St Petersburg – Best Story
- Animated Exeter – Independent Talent Award
- Krok Animation Festival – Best First Professional Film
- The Limelight Awards – Best Animation
- Anibar International Animation Festival – Public Award
- Vimeo – Staff Pick, DuckManBoy
- Vimeo – Staff Pick, Gregory is a Dancer
- Vimeo – Staff Pick, Don’t Fear Death
- Vimeo – Staff Pick, All Consuming Love (Man in a Cat)
- Homepage Features – YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, B3ta
- Featured on Cartoon Brew
- Posted and thanked by Yoko Ono
- Featured as Rik Mayall’s last broadcast project in the Guardian, Telegraph, Metro, Huffington Post.
- The British Comedy Guide – Best of 2013
- Chris Shepherd – Best of 2013